Monday 10 January 2011

Ad Breaks

I quite enjoy the happiness of others. Most of us do. For example, if someone laughs... and I mean really laughs, it's hard not to join them... or at least smile a little.

Anyway, in my pursuit of happiness I decided to play the role of agony aunt/matchmaker today, and in doing so was able to impart some pretty sound advice (if I say so myself) .. solid uplifting stuff that had my once quite miserable mate.. really looking forward to 'getting out there again'... dating...meeting someone new and having fun ... all that 'palarva'... Trust me, I was so convincing that even I was convinced... "see babe... I said .."they're not all the same"...(or something to that effect)

But then, she turned the tables on me..

"So what's wrong with you then?" she asked ... "too picky eh, or just haven't found the right one??"
To be honest I hadn't bargained for that question.. because, well...I hadn't really given it much thought.. (always seems easier to live through others I guess.. less stress, even if it is a bit cowerdly!! ..anyway, I though for a moment and then said

"Well yeah.. I guess I am picky... but not in a bad way!!.. I just value myself enough to know I'll recognise love ( or the potential for It) when I see it!... anything else is just an ad break... enjoyable.. but unecessary!!"

Now I was suffering from monitor fatique at the time so most of that could be garbage, so I do apologise in advance, but honestly... that's what came out... so i'll just have to own it for now..
(I can cry into the biscuit tin later!!)

No seriously, what it did do however, was get me thinking about ad breaks. and how our lives can be divided up into one long serial drama, with peaks and troughs..or highs and lows, dialogue, drama, tension, plots, sub plots whatever.

All broken up by a series of ad breaks. The little things you didn't expect or ask for... some you like, some you dont.. but they're just ad breaks...

Some can change your life, become you're life even, whereas others may fall by the wayside

The question I guess therefore is ... if we really know what we want it, will it become easier to spot the difference?

So when is an ad break.. just an ad break??

No comments:

Post a Comment