Thursday 27 January 2011

Captain's Log 1 - The Struggle

Captains Log 1 - star date January 27th 2011 - 21:00hrs

My sister and I are in pursuit of information.
We're concerned - unable to find answers. I'm holding her up from cooking - she's having to multi task
You see I read in a Guardian news report that Winnie Mandela was seen leaving hospital in tears.
and now - silently - I have also begun to cry.
I ask my sister what will happen to us if anything should happen to Mandela.
As if he's my own father
We don't really know what we're saying but we know that as every day passes so does an era that paved the way to the freedoms that we enjoy today. As every day passes we lose our fighters - our warriors and our leaders. As every day passes, we gain more, but lose most.
It's no secret that I've long admired Winnie Mandela
It's no secret that Nelson Mandela's greatness transcends - just simply - transcends.

Witnessed the struggle as a child - knew what was going on.
Played with dolls and toy robbots - read Topsy and Tim books - had posters on warriors on my wall!

I hope he's okay - although we know that one day we will have to face a world possibly without him
May that day not come too soon - no we love him - and we thank him
May his light continue to shine

No comments:

Post a Comment