Sunday 30 January 2011

Park Benches!






Too busy to really blog today but I did think of a question - not that I have any followers yet - but it's a question I've asked myself and so will put it out their into the atmosphere anyway..

If you could be a blessing to anyone you meet this week... who would it be ...and why?.

A few weeks ago I saw a man on a bench in the middle of the park with what appeared to be all his belongings around him. A huge 'white' duvet, boxes, clothes, and framed photos in a shopping trolley.
This wasn't someone I'd ever seen before, he was just a regular guy, looking like a fish out of water.
I said "were gonna see more of this with all the changes to housing benefit!!"
"Nah", my brother said... "Trust me, I reckon his girls just kicked him out!!"
"your crazy!" I said - "if that was the case wouldn't he go to a mates house, or family?"
"Nahh!" said my brother (with a strange confidence) "she'll have him out there for an hour or two then let him back in - he must have done something bad - I feel to ask him!"
"you do that!" I said - "Just make sure you drop me home first!"

Never did see that man again. I hope my brother was right and I was wrong.
If park benches could talk the tales they could tell. Often times this inanimate object offers comfort where mankind has failed to - experiencing all of life's emotions - steadfast.
We really need to treasure our parks and open spaces

Anyway - I've really got to get back to my other project right now - so till the next time x

2 comments:

  1. This particular senario happened to me a few months ago but it was significant to me. Came across a young girl at 2am on a sunday morning who happened to be pregnant about 8months couldn't have been more than 17 years old. I was trying to stop a cab to get home after clubbing and she was clearly stranded and didn't have money to get home......don't ask me what the hell she was doing out that late by hereself....

    Anyhow God being so good I approached her and asked where she was heading ironically in the same direction as me so I stopped a taxi we both jumped in and I dropped her literally to her door step..my deed for that week and thank goodness for that imagine if I had turned a blind eyem and left her standing there..

    Hopefully mother and baby are doing well now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully it was you she came across!! and yes - may they both be well now. So young!

    ReplyDelete