Wednesday 23 February 2011

Behind every great man they say... A Poem 'Don't forget me'..

I’ll back you
Support you
Nurture your dreams and believe in you
I’ll love you
Hear you
Because I recognize the power in you

I recognize the skills in you
The abilities that dwell in you
That given the chance
You’ll excel ..exceed
Beyond the scope they’ve set for you

So while you battle through the mire
Set your goals and aspirations higher
Look ahead to all the glorious things life holds for you
Stoke your intellectual fire
Qualifications you acquire
All I ask is that you don’t forget me

As silently I do pursue
Manage disappointments just like you do
Faced what appears like persecution often
Triumph and overcome
Stood firm and did not run
For knowing as with all things a change will come

You love my beauty love my grace
Love my loyalty my faith
No one in the world could ever ask for more
You believe in me
Succeed with me
Understand my dreams and celebrate with me
Always in your heart you have a space for me

Never one to bring you down
I’ve kept my counsel for so long
Never stressed you … yet we drift further apart
So tell me are we wrong
In our pursuit to be strong
To lose the very thing we need the most

So as we moved ahead
To each other we have said
That I will never ever leave your side
I was honest I was true
And you know what
So were you
So all I ask is that you don’t forget me

No comments:

Post a Comment