Sunday 24 April 2011

Reflection of you..poem for lovers


I love being a reflection of you
It’s true
For no other reason would I release this name
My legacy to someone great
That they never left in vain
Yet one could proudly co-exist
Against the other
With no reason to resist
My ego feeds neither flight nor fight
The day rests easy as does night
I love being a reflection of you
I do
Understated
Yet
It’s true

An unquenchable thirst for love and beauty
To acknowledge the existence of grace in the undesirable
To remain strong under pressure
To last the duration and never falter
To be loved and loathed
Yet question it not
To provide shelter from the storm
Shade in the hot
None cannot question your loyalty
Neither your integrity
To embrace me now
I won’t push you away
Tonight
Tomorrow
Or any other day

To hold you close
To yield the fruits of love
Cultivated in the knowledge that
A love based on trust
Respect and admiration
Will flourish

Counting daffodils
Forget me not’s
An appreciation of all that is good
Resurrected from dust
Careless words can cause upset
Even pain
Yet words
Of love
Will bond lovers for an eternity
Bodies entwined as one entity
A symbol of life’s continuity
I’ll smile because you love me
I’ll frown because you love me
My pride is dwarfed by my longing
Yearning to be set free
To love thee
I love being a reflection of you
I do
Uncomplicated
I know
It’s true

night all...D x

No comments:

Post a Comment