Monday 11 April 2011

TV moment .. 1 born every minute

I have watched practically every episode of One born every minute
and trust me - it's such an emotional and engaging show. Putting aside the actual births for a moment - the human/relationship/family stories are so unique and so inspiring that it helps you to see the real beauty in people. You see them at their most fragile - most honest - and you think ... people are so lovely..

The midwives are amazing.. I've noticed they all say pretty much the same things and it hasn't changed in 24 years - so I suspect there's a script.. they are so calm though - so ..soothing
Can I just mention that I don't remember gas and air doing anything other than making me light headed..and queasy..that pain... 'wasn'tgoinganywhere!'

To be honest - I sometimes watch through my fingers as I can imagine the pain.. at times I say out loud - oh my gosh.. yikes!!
and then sometimes I feel like ahhh - I want one( I've had 3) still...ahhh I want 2... extra!!
am I crazy??.. :-)I suspect that's a natural reaction to a show like that - it's only words.. trust me..I'm just playing...It's just the show - honest... I've done my bit
See what you think anyway ... bet you any money you'll 'well up' I challenge you to watch an entire episode and not cry..

One episode featured a young lady who stated from the outset she wanted a natural water birth.. she had all the soothing classical music - mum to the left- partner to the right - everything well organised and stress free...
I was impressed.
When that pain kicked in.. lord have mercy .. she screamed ...I screamed ...she wanted the drugs.. her mum kept saying - 'but you said you wanted a natural blah blah blah'... I wanted to reached into the TV - shake the mum and say - 'You crazy?? ...give her di dyam drugs mama!!!'
All was well in the end.. took me days to recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment