Monday 9 May 2011

The Garbageman can??... it's the Army for Naples!!..

Sometimes it's not until they haven't turned up that we're reminded just how important our garbage men and women are - and how much we need them!
Naples is a mess!



So they've had to draft in the army to take of things - drastic times - call for drastic measures I guess.. I wouldn't want to wake up to that!!




It reminds me of an episode of the Simpson's where they end up living in their own filth because Homer tries to bury everything underground!
Hmmm..will it be life imitating art or art imitating life?




By the way - how does Silvio Berlusconi manage to stay looking so young?

2 comments:

  1. That looks a trifle nasty.

    I remember the first time I ever went to Cleveland, Ohio. When I went the garbagemen were on strike and there was trash everywhere. I've only been back one other time and the first thing that I thought about when I went again was trash. When you see that stuff piled up like sugar in a sugar mill, you don't quite forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's shocking and scary..and yes it looks nasty. Imagine all kinds of things running amok..but this must have accumulated over time.. why wait until it gets so bad that you need the army?

    ReplyDelete