Thursday 23 June 2011

Sex and the City..


SATC's showing at 7pm on Comedy Central weekdays. Being able to watch it as I have my dinner is a real treat right now.

A very sad episode is when Aleksandr Petrovsky ( Carries boyfriend ) leaves her to fend for herself in Paris.
He Treats her like a spare part, as if she doesn't matter, and shows little to no interest.

She walks by a bookshop and sees her book in the window, and once inside, the bookshop owners are absolutely thrilled to see her as they're her biggest fans and promptly decide to throw a party in her honour that coming Saturday.

Her bloke (who has blanked her all week remember) then insists she comes with him to his gallery opening on that same Saturday as he's having a *panic attack* and needs her there for support

He promises never to let go of her hand all night, but as soon as they get there and he realises that people like his exhibition he lets her go immediately... oh-yes.. he drops her like a hot potato and doesn't look back..once!

At that moment she realises he doesn't give a damn about her.
She rushes to get to the bookshop.. but ... she's too late.

My question is this
Ladies; would you have dropped your plans for him, under those circumstances?
Why did he do that to her?
Was he insecure?
Was he an asshole?
or did he just not love her?

I do absolutely love SATC
He was the worst boyfriend ever!!
and he hit her.

One of my favourite moments of the series is when Carrie says;
"I'm looking for love.. real love.. real..ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, cant live without each other love!..
and I don't think that love is here..in this beautiful suite.. in this expensive hotel.. in Paris..!!
It's not your fault... I- shouldn't have come here..
Beautiful words, beautiful!

I sooo hear that girl...
If it aint ridiculous, if it aint inconvenient, if it aint consuming can't live without each other love.. damn.. it aint worth it!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure that the ladies will find this post intriguing. Sex and the city was never my bag. I think I watched about 10 minutes of it once and recognized that it was a "chick flick" on television.

    Is it just me or are most of those women not particularly attractive (I'm trying to be subtle).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reggie- why don't guys seem to enjoy "chick flicks?".. guys are in them too.. they're actually a real important part:)

    Aww.. I take it one of them didn't float your boat?.. can't think which one!! Charlotte very beautiful, Carries' cute.. Sam is the sexy one and Miranda was the red head lawyer..hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chick flicks are just a little too mushy and emotional for us. We'd prefer to see explosions and action.......and maybe a boob or two......or twenty.

    By the way, only the dark haired one was pretty to me. The older one was still somewhat attractive, but to me only the dark haired one was pretty.

    ReplyDelete