Sunday 26 June 2011

Should a woman ever ask a man out?!?

I recently had a conversation with a very old friend about this and it got me wondering whether old fashioned norms still applied or if we are now in an age where anything goes.

If I like a guy, I'll ask him out. sure .. why not? If he said yes great.. if he said no, OK .. I'd move on (at least I know, and can focus my energy elsewhere:))

The reason I switched from waiting to asking is because I wanted to let guys who wouldn't think I'd like them , know that actually.. maybe I would.

I don't think I'm uber scary or uber sexy but.. some men do seem to get a little nervous
with me.. anyway ... it's exciting to ask.. switch things up a bit!!

My friend on the other hand says no.
A woman should never ask a guy out. Men don't like it, and even if they don't like you they'll say yes, but leave you hanging!! ( because they haven't yet developed the skills to say no in a way that wont hurt your feelings)

She says if a woman asks a guy out it makes her look either easy or desperate, and that if a man really likes a woman he'll find a way to ask her, regardless of how 'shy' he may be..

Hmmm what do you think ?
To be honest, she may have a point.. but life is short.. blink and it's over.. so even though her way may hold sand, I still don't see anything wrong with a woman casting her net ( unless of course she's casting it over someone I want or have... then... its warrrrrr!!!)
Seriously.. I like strong, secure men anyway.. so if something like that scares them ..they're not the one!!.. so it's also a great, and quick way of weeding out the wrong type;-)
Happy SMSx

1 comment:

  1. I also say life is too short to contemplate should I ak him or her out...really what have you got to lose but receive a NO response!!!! Blahhh...

    I would certainly have no quarms with asking a guy out done it a few times and infact I get the feeling it put the person at ease. Other times they simply saw this act too forward. Each to their own I say!!!!!

    ReplyDelete