Wednesday 20 July 2011

Things fall apart..


No not the wonderful book by Chinua Achebe.. who almost immediately transports you in time and place - but ...stuff

Stuff that gets under your skin.
Now I've worked out that I function pretty darn well under pressure/ stressful situations. It's as if I have a valve or switch that kicks in ( with no prompting from me) - and another Dawna takes the reigns whilst scatty slightly ditsy Dawna takes a back seat.

But.. and i'm trying to think of a cute pet name for that Dawna because I've become quite fond of her.. (lord knows I've needed her quite a bit of late) but.. it's the little things that find their way into the cracks - that 'big picture' Dawna gets p'ed off about...
e.g.. and in no particular order...

1. Being tired
2. Feeling unwell ( nothing major just the 'headachey', 'temperatury'.. onset of a cold type symptoms
3. Dishes
4 Broken promises ( I've broken a few in my time;-).. shhh .. this aint really about my screw ups!!:)
5 Ongoing untidiness for no apparent reason ( even if it's my own!!)
6 Mercy's aunt's accent ( Eastenders.. I barely watch it now.. but when I do arrrrr stop stressing the T's!!!... is that real??.. it's sounds too fake to me)
7 Foolishness ( whatever I deem it to be.. and dependant on my mood of course)
8 and would you believe it.. complaining/moaning.. about stuff!!!!! lol
If I think about it .. I suspect there are loads more...
( get thee behind me!!)

So.. that's when 'ditsy' Dawna returns to the fore.. and says 'sod it.. girl.. you're more than allowed!! you have earned the right to get pissed off about stuff... throw a cushion or two.. sulk and enjoy the ride!! those who love you.. will still love you when the storm is over;-) and the sun rises again..
Things fall apart sometimes.. but they can be put back together again with time, patience, love and laughter
As they say.. shit happensx

4 comments:

  1. "... the centre cannot hold". that book is heavy! read Achebe's other ones?

    now if i had a choice what Dawna would i pick? all of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. *giggles* you got me blushing again Chrome.. you just know what to say don't you..:) thank you.. from ..all of us lolx

    I haven't read any of Achebe's other books but I will.. I love things fall apart so much
    Recommend any in particular?

    ReplyDelete
  3. *chrome's trying to figure out if she goes deep black berry when she blushes*

    gotta re-read some of his books, been a minute. I'd recommend going for the next in the triology, No longer at ease. Read a really good children's book he wrote, "Chike and the river", highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Chrome..I've got no longer at ease - on order now..cant wait!

    *smiles*..cute.v cute

    ReplyDelete