Saturday 23 July 2011

A word or three five or nine..

Paul Gambaccini.the music journalist said something today that really resonated with me.. he said..and I’m paraphrasing here…

‘What money does, is exaggerate what’s already there. E.g. if you’re paranoid you will become more paranoid..
If you spend money recklessly, you will spend more money recklessly
If you spend money on things that are no good for you, you will spend more money on things that are no good for you
Although your bank balance goes up... your body’s tolerance levels do not.’

I suspect the list really can go on

This, I suspect is why some people say money can’t make you happy
Nor can it mask who you really are

Stripped of trappings of wealth and success
Who are you today?

***
By da by..

If you're alone you may remain alone
friends are not really friends at all
Your enemies line up side by side
faces masked by a sense of familiarity
difficult now to know who is who
difficult to discern red from blue
Amidst it all one can pass who is true
rejected now for the inability to stand aside and say
stand aside and shout
'Hey.. I am here.. I am not the same.. '
To be trusted by the lonely
'I am honoured' you say
Yet this is not a game
This is real
This is life

***
Sadness makes one crave physical contact
true or false?

No comments:

Post a Comment