Sunday 25 September 2011

Marriage.. when vs why.. Life.. long vs short..

I’m tired of the phrase .. life is short.
Truth is, it can be short – but it can be long.
Yet, no-one hardly ever says ‘life is long’.
Maybe it’s because we sometimes waste time preoccupied by things that don’t matter. Maybe it’s because we sometimes lack direction and focus, which causes us to feel as though we’re going around in circles, as time charges ahead.

If you were being sentenced in court and the judge said ‘10yrs.. down you go!’ I don’t think you’d stand there thinking ‘oh that’s such a short time!’.
If I say life is short, pray let it be because I’m so busy enjoying time spent so much that I just can’t get enough..

Time is, whatever we make of it I guess..
How much time?.. well, who knows
No one knows when their time is up, when it’s up it’s up… and it’s those who are left behind that can utter that immortal phrase... depending on your age at the time of your demise:)

I try to 'live and be happy'. (sometimes I’m sad though. I’m multidimensional. can’t always be sure which one of my persona's will show uplolx) but in the main, I try not to get put off too much by weirdness directed my way for whatever reason.
I try to shake it off and carry on as normal.
I’m not a mind reader although sometimes…I think I’m pretty close.. trust me… freakishly closelolx
I know I waste time putting off doing things from time to time. I’m better now, but I have my lazy moments.

My ex asked me yesterday when I’m getting married.
I said.. ‘When I’m ready!’.
Which isn’t entirely true, but it stopped him yapping on!!lol
Truth is.. I don’t know
Truth is.. I don’t know if I’ll ever really be ‘ready’
There are times when I feel nervous about commitment
There are times when I feel quite rooted in it.
Thinking aloud.. I think I make a pretty cool girlfriend… and will possibly make a pretty cool wife ( sure.. why not!!)
Thinking aloud.. that’s just my opinion right?? yeah I hear y'all..lol!!
(well it's my opinion and I’m sticking with itx)

On one side I have people asking me when!?!.. on the other I have people asking me why!?!
'errr.. I dunno!?!'
For me personally.. if I do, It will be for what I consider to be the right reasons, with who I (and god) consider to be the right person.
It will not be because (reasons I’ve been told in the past)
'Time is running out', or... 'I’m trying to help someone’s immigration status, and I need the cashlol!!'
Etc etc..
It will only be because I love that person completely, and that person feels the same about me… So much so in fact, that getting married will feel like the most natural thing in the world.

Have a nice day
Happy SMSx

4 comments:

  1. "It will only be because I love that person completely, and that person feels the same about me… So much so in fact, that getting married will feel like the most natural thing in the world."

    And that's precisely as it should be, will be and must be.

    Sure there's the whole 'define love' debate - and does it last etc. But even if two people only fleetingly find themselves 'in love' there's no way of predicting the future or that it will be fleeting. Carpe Diem and all that - exploit happiness to the full. It may never come around again.

    I don't want that to sound like a treatise on the folly of love or the possible fleeting nature of it. Hell, so long as we all act in good faith and with good intentions it's the best we can do. There isn't a single journey or event in life of any description other than death, we can forecast with certainty - why should we treat love differently?

    Some weeks ago you blogged on the importance of truth and trust in a relationship - armed with both there are no negatives - it's win win all the way, life is transparent, no hidden traps, no ulterior motives, nothing about your partner waiting to waylay you.

    It's all good.

    Rory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will make a SUPA COOL wife Dawna and that's just my opinion and am sticking with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, love you guys!!
    You know..I'm all excited now.. and nobody's even asked me yet:)) lol!!

    Rory, I find your comment very reassuring:)

    Chilled Leo *high five* *whatarewelike!!*thank youlol:)

    ReplyDelete