Wednesday 28 September 2011

Trials and trivia..

Are all trials in America held in public?
I only ask because I caught a glimpse of MJs trial last night, and it all seemed a bit unsettling ( which is to be expected I suppose) but there's a part of me that thinks maybe it should have been held in private.. hmmm
These pictures in the Guardian may give a sense of the intensity of it all
Trial pics

****
I wanted to write something funny about oxymoron's as I really love that word. I wondered if people could be oxymoron's, then realised that if someone says something like .. 'that man is a beast', or, 'that woman is a dog'.. these are oxymoron's right? ( I wanted to find more positive examples.. sorry folks:)
I have lazy evening brain after a hard days work:))

This may seem a bit anoraky but I'm in awe of this list
Celebrating the wonder of oxymorons

***

I'm trying to strike a balance between being hard and soft. I'm way too soft at times I think (I know) I remember the saying, people often take kindness for weakness. It's a balancing act, but important to get right none the less.
It's a fact that we teach people how to treat us in that if you don't set boundaries, others may set them for you.
How is that played out?
They may treat you unkindly for the fun of it.. simply because they can.. or take ( what Catherine Tate likes to describe as) 'farkinliberties':)

When I work with communities I have a lot of empathy. That goes without saying. Yet I also realise that it's important not to replace responsibility, with excuses

****
Sending lovely evening wishes to you allx

4 comments:

  1. LOOOOL am cracking up 'farkinliberties':) for sure and some people are friggin oxymoron's that goes without saying.....but reality stipulates that for every choice we make be it negative or positive the outcome and consequences should live at the individual's door step can't blame sharon for your wrong judgement call neither can you blame jim for being jim:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true ChilledLeo
    I think it helps me have a clearer focus when i take responsibility for my crap - hard to do - i wont lie.. but necessary
    Just knowing what is in my power to change - and what isn't..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawna Lee!!!

    I love oxymoron. if one says "that rapper is sick!" is that like an oxymoron? never quite sure ...

    I know I've been missing in action in blogosphere. ChilledLeo's been cussing me big time. I've been suffering some intense mental block even to the point of simple comments. Blame life and its trials (all of my own making).

    I'm semi-back (sweating profusely thinking of how to complete my first post)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrome!!
    Missed you:)
    Life eh
    Looking forward to hearing what’s been going on in that beautiful mind of yours!!
    Fret not! – sweat not! You are more than okay with us
    What do you make of Teves? ( is that his name?) refusing to go on the pitch and kick a ball around and into the goal
    How cheeky is he??lol

    ReplyDelete