Saturday 8 October 2011

Pinch me..

Pinch me
I have no tears left

I have fought battles and wars
Those of my making
And those not
I have substituted my heart for my will
My will for my faith
My faith for my desire
My desire for my need
My need for my hope
They all came back to me
Damaged
Yet not broken
I have loved and won
Loved and lost
Trusted and been deceived
Deceived and been trusted
I have emptied my soul
To replenish it again
I have stayed awake for days
And have slept for days
I have cried a lake
An ocean, a sea
Been overcome by the kindness of strangers
And the wickedness of friends
Show me a sad movie
Sing me a song
Write me a love note
For I am not made of iron
or wood
or steel
I am only human
I am really just a girl
But pinch me
I have no tears left

2 comments:

  1. Dawna BRAVOOOOO great lyrics I particularly grab onto this line in the poem

    'I have emptied my soul, To replenish it again'
    The last fews years thats how I have felt EMPTY.....but lately I feel WHOLE and nourished again goooood feeling and I certainly don't want it to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much...
    I hear you!!! and long may it continue... x

    ReplyDelete