Tuesday 4 October 2011

What is man? ft Delroy Wilson selection..

A friend of my said that (in his opinion) men are not celebrated anymore. Masculine men to be precise.
He said he felt that the requirement for men now is to behave in a less overtly masculine way, and that to be masculine was to appear brutish and primitive.

I asked him if he felt we are witnessing the demise of man as we knew it? the feminisation of manhood
He said yes.
I felt odd. I wondered what part I (and other women like me) may have played in all this.
How my little demands for a more sensitive man may have impacted on the grander scheme of things.

Hey, I quite like masculine men.
But I like masculine men who are in touch emotionally, and are comfortable with being sensitive, and having, and sharing feelings

What on earth can be confusing about that?

I felt for him in a way. He misses the role models he has enjoyed in the past. Swimmimg in new waters.
The re-classification of man
He felt that as a man, he... was old news
Old news?.. never!!

Same chocolate different box for me though..slightly more variety.. perhaps
Fret not dude.. a man still running the country right? :)
Man. Annoying my brain ...and keeping me awake at night:))





3 comments:

  1. Emasculation huh? lol! Tell em to grow some nuts!

    I don't think its a "feminisation of manhood" as your friend says or a demand of womanhood on men, but more a consequence of modern living where the need to hunt/fight for the upkeep of the family has been replaced by Tesco. Seeing as I can now stash my spear and shield I can consider (or listen to requests to join in) activities that would have been viewed as "feminine" in the past. this "progression" is more visible in western societies

    I'm 100% man, just don't need to schwag about it at every turn anymore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawna I love my Masculine man too....but hey I will reclassify for you if thats what your friend wants. I think the term METROSEXUAL MAN springs to mind you know the type that knows how to take the G and pimp it into GROOMING.

    Heck why not a pedicure, manicure here and there why not push the boat out go for a facial my man I will appreciate the fact you are in touch with your feminine side but I aint trying to change you!!!!
    I don't think women are trying to control anything about men for me an insecure man could pose a security issue for me. Now give me a man who is in touch with his emotions any day that am more likely to invest in everyday once on saturday and twice sunday let me at HIM whooofffff LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrome when I see him i'll remind him of the vast benefits to being able to retire his 'spear and shield!'

    ChilledLeo - yes Metrosexual - that's the term
    I think women 'encourage ' men, to share things - feelings - experiences, that deep down they think they will enjoy/benefit from
    A man - is a man - is a man
    Things are looking up:)

    ReplyDelete