Wednesday 30 November 2011

I think therefore I am...

Someone asked me today if I saw the youtube clip of the lady on the tram in Croydon cursing the 'blacks' and the 'Poles' etc...
I said yes.. and we had a little giggle about it.. then we stopped giggling when we asked each other about the comments that accompanied it...

Wow.. there are some deep rooted issues out there.. not one or two.. but many...

Trams and trains.. go figure...

There was a woman on the train this evening laughing hysterically, real gut wrenching laughter, so much so I couldn't help but laugh too ( behind me bag..)
Laughter is infetcous..
Anyway.. I digress...
I wonder what life would be like if we all said what we really thought..
If we spoke freely about the things that reside on our minds..
Gave an honest answer to an honest question...

I wonder if we would witness an increase of trust and respect...mutual understanding
or.... if total anarchy would ensue...

I think about a lot of things...
some things are reoccurring... many things are...
I wonder what my thoughts say about me..

I think , therefore I am.....

1 comment:

  1. funny this one, I remember your post on Croydon and racism. I've blogged about the rise in racist incidents in the football world because of the current climate. well it does seem to be spilling onto the streets, the tram lady's sentiments not being uncommon. People are very frustrated and target "lesser" others instead of the real culprits of this mess.

    Be vigilant

    ReplyDelete