Wednesday 2 November 2011

Thought of the day...Boys are made of sawdust... are they not?

On the stroll home yesterday two conversations struck me, not that I was deliberately ears-dropping or anything:)..

Conversation 1: Three young boys between the ages of hmmm say... 7 and 10yrs
One boys says;
“Jesus is gods son!”
One of his 'mates' snapped at him, “No!!, they are two different people you fool, you think you know but you don’t know, you don’t know nuffin.. when you become a big man... then you will know!”
As I said... between the ages of 7 and 9

For a moment I wondered, what our children would think if we didn’t indoctrinate them early with our own beliefs.
What if we let them grow, with a free mind... scary huh...
Whist it’s an interesting notion... I suspect not many people would want to risk it
Should parents teach their kids what to think?, how to think? or why to think?.. or perhaps all three...

Further on down the road but not much further..............

Trust me: as god is my witness:) three grown men, standing by a car having a chat

Conversation 2:
“That’s what I wanted man ... trust me... two cars, house...picket fence ...kids... the lot”
I thought eh!!!... who talks like that? I don’t know if it’s my imagination or what but I could have sworn as I walked past I heard him say... “then I went jail!!”
Don’t quote me on that but all I know is I really wanted to join in their conversation... “hmm really?... so you guys think like that eh... and I thought you were all made of sawdust!":)

ps errr I think I quite like boys that are made of sawdust.. that picket fence stuff unnerved melol.. don't expect to hear that from some old Skl G looking dude

2 comments:

  1. depends on what a belief constitutes. Islam? Christianity? Atheist free thought? One better than the other? I couldn't care less, as long as it's teachings includes a realistic dose of learning respect for elders and goodwill to the next man. plus how to hold and box for your corner in case they take the piss - I can already hear my dad "Eh? he took your lunch money? c'mon go and get it back, you silly boy!" lol

    when we listen to that quiet voice we find we have very similar aspirations. from the hard rock to the 9-to-5 man, sawdust and all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta agree with that Chrome well said

    I was thinking about this again and how often it's a way of protecting children from the ill's of life/socitey/people arming them with something that will carry them through/ fuel to navigate lifes obsticles.
    "couldn't care less as long as 'it's teachings include a realistic does of learning respect for elders and goodwill to the next man!".. I liked that so much I had to repeat it:)

    ReplyDelete