Thursday 14 June 2012

Spice of life pt 1


What is it for you?
For me... its music, food, writing, open spaces, love, sex. (in all their various guises)
I’m sure there are more lurking within, but those are the ones that sprang to mind first.
Remove one of those things and I’m sure I’ll be fine. Remove two... I’d get antsy and slightly pissed off. Remove three.. okay... life is having a giggle but I’ll be thanking god for the two remaining. Remove them all and the shit would definitely hit the fan as I would not be a happy bunny at all.
It hasn’t changed much over the years.

What’s funny is that in one sense I haven’t changed that much, yet in another I've changed a great deal. I’ve grown up a lot ( to be expected at my age maybe but never assume it always to be the case..) but at my core... it’s still me. I’ve questioned, evaluated my beliefs and found where I was being true to myself, or simply following the ‘crowd’.
Following the crowd never amounts to much (as far as I'm concerned) in terms of self satisfaction. You've almost got to be quite selfish ( in a way) to attain self satisfaction, and there are times when being true to yourself conflicts with those around you, and they’ll either accept you, or they won’t.

Being selfish I should really say 'self aware', (as for me selfishness implies a mean spirited, self centred individual , whose only focus is meeting their own wants and needs regardless of others and often at the expense of others. No!!..that's not cool)
Being 'self aware' is freedom, or at the very least a feeling that you're on the right path... your path.
One that you need not apologise for, explain, or justify

Ironically, I suspect some of the most dysfunctional people around are incredibly self aware. Some will tell you straight.. "I'm full of crap"
Fair enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment