Friday 13 July 2012

Adult development...

Aggrandisement – ( online definition) “the act of increasing the wealth or prestige or power or scope of something; "the aggrandizement of the king"; "his elevation to cardinal"
Self aggrandisement - ( online definition) "an act undertaken to increase your own power and influence or to draw attention to your own importance"

Just to be clear... the act/ or art of ‘increasing’ is no bad thing. How, what, and why however will be dictated and defined by our ego.
For whosoever is not ruled by the ego, aggrandisement will benefit the many, and not the few
For whosoever is under the control of the ego... ruled by its desires, fears, biases, beliefs, misconceptions, and miss-education, self aggrandisement can be like an atomic bomb, in a mine shaft.
However... like a parasite, the ego will eat its host first and foremost.
Eat away at the brain and cause a form of virtual insanity.... then go on attack like a crazed creature from mars seeking new prey.
So... how do we free ourselves from this ‘ego’.
How do we release years of self hatred, the projection of hatred onto others, the following of doctrines, ‘blind’ faith... to awaken and be free from this sleep induced state of mental, emotional, intellectual, psychosomatic paralysis.
Perhaps by recognising the sickness, and putting a stop to faking, denying, and hiding. ( at least making an effort to)

Like an AA meeting, perhaps what’s needed is for the afflicted to stand up and say..
My name is ... and I’m lost.
I’m tired...
I’ve tried every way... but the right way,
I want to know freedom
I want to know love
be love
Everything I thought I knew I realise is pointless
My name is ....
And I’m ready now...
(All say) “welcome so and so........”
Well... you get my drift...

By re-educating ourselves, being true, and really learning what love is, we can unite that which has been separated for so long. We can change so much by following our true will. The will of our higher-being..
An acquaintance said to me the other day, said they 'don’t give a toss about their higher being'.. they just wanna have fun..
Eh??...Who says one can’t have fun... and ... connect with their higher being
One could have a lot of fun indeed.
( definitely got lost in translation.. or we just in two completely different zones )
So ... standing at the crossroads of change. Which road will we choose?.

Back in the day I studied 1 year of an NNEB course (full duration 2 years) I did the class work and my nursery placement, then promptly got pregnant:)
My intention at the time was to work with children. Key aspect of any child care, or any child related training, is learning the stages of child development.
As we know, children develop in stages. The development is charted, from thinking, speaking, fine motor skills etc. For those of us with children, we watch our children grow and will see their development 1st hand, no training required
Yet, it has occurred to me that the stages of development should not end at childhood, but be continuously charted, just to the attainment of different goals ( no not the unusual house and car but perhaps deeper than that).

But somehow, the law says that 18 is an adult, fully trained and fully grown.
At 18, with no life experience, trained or educated perhaps by those who knew just as little, or were equally misinformed. Shucks...adult development should include aspects of life that adults mess up.
Relationships, sex, spirituality, and learning how to be the men and women we ‘could’ be.
Hi my name is Dawna.. and I’m a self absorbed egomaniac.
.. pst... not really
Errrr.. maybe occasionally...
Errrr... can I come again next week?
( All) “No”...

No comments:

Post a Comment