Wednesday 4 July 2012

Things I forgot.. we forget

Funny the things that can be forgotten over the years. Then you can have a conversation with someone and it all comes flooding back to you.
Talking to an old friend today I remembered things about myself that I’d let go or let slide, and only now, can I truly see its value.
It’s so important to interact with people, but equally important to gauge who you interact with , on what level, how much you take in and what to leave behind.
There was a time when my views were somewhat more conservative than they are now.
At present I’m pretty soft... too soft perhaps.

I have to be honest with myself and ask... are the excuses I make for others a substitute (or reflection) of the excuses I make for myself... backup excuses in case something goes tits up.
I have a feeling they just may be.
I’ll be general for a minute and say... things we sometimes forget about ourselves can range from our self worth to our ability to lighten up and laugh...from dreaming big dreams, and being fearless in our pursuits, from feeling positive and on top of things to scared and unsure.

We are what we think.
Equally... the information we receive on a daily basis can impact (almost becoming part of a culture) that’s why it’s so important to have the right people around you. By right... I mean those who inspire and motivate you to be the best person you can be. (they don’t always have to agree with you.. in fact it can be great to be challenged)
In cases where that’s not available it’s best to safeguard yourself by keeping negative aspects at a safe distance, so as not to penetrate so to speak.
In my conversation today we spoke about unemployment education and personal responsibility,
Taking it, having fun, and doing what works for you
Was a nice chat

Off to bedfordshire x

No comments:

Post a Comment