Thursday 27 September 2012

Mirror me?

It’s easy sometimes to see in others the things we don’t like about ourselves. Things that wind us up 'big time', but ultimately give us an opportunity to ‘fix’ ourselves, or make changes we may really need to make within ourselves.

It reminds me of that old saying.. do onto others..ect.
We are often a mirror to each other, perhaps not always, but sometimes.

I have noticed that when I try to avoid dealing with something it tends to come back to me.. so I’m trying to deal with things a little more promptly, face things a little more, and procrastinate less.. 'deal with' things including those negative emotions that can be a little unappealing, or unnerving.. things that may make us feel a little exposed or vulnerable.
However, I think that if we recognise something in another which we don’t quite like or enjoy, it doesn’t mean that we necessarily have the same issue ( it’s not as straight forward as that) .. I think it may mean that we need to develop an aspect of ourselves, which could be courage, assertiveness, self esteem/belief, or compassion... it really depends... the list is probably endless.

I think it’s only by being honest, and true to ourselves will we really know what the lesson is... an until we get it.. It may simply return ...over ... and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment