Thursday 18 October 2012

Ms Independent..

Yes things can confuse at times
This time last year nowt was confusing.. and food was cheaper.
Still, I'm in the place I had visualised myself being in, ( less messy perhaps) so there is something to be said for creating an action plan and positive visualisation... Or perhaps just plain old focus.. divine intervention ..

What ever happened to the show wife swap?
Did you need to have a husband to take part?
The walk to work was interesting, changed up my route a bit. Strange.
I ask of others that which I can or will deliver also.
But not always, as with life it depends on the context.
Reason and intent.


Anyway.. those were some random thoughts!.. back on point
I wonder about this independent woman thing.
I think there’s a difference between being self sustaining and selfish.. overburdened or supported, alone or accompanied.
Yes.. there are pros and cons on either side I suspect..
Still, I also wonder if the less we need each other the more distant we become, ( emotionally vacuous folk, struggling to truly connect outside of texts appin' and email.. hey..does anyone write letters anymore?) and just to be clear by need I mean recognise that we are interdependent on each other ( and there’s no shame in that) , and we aren’t necessarily meant to go through life alone.. ( and not.. as in I need a beer!)
Also, independent thought is something I think we should all strive towards. The fight against being programmed, to be able to resist at times, think for ourselves, share our thoughts, and not have husbands or boyfriends, or even mates, chastise you for it.
I like that kind of independence.. I’m happy to receive support in all other areas.. why not?.. we all human).. just as I give in return.. I aint selfish x) so...form an orderly queue..





4 comments:

  1. lol! food was indeed cheaper, starting with Morrisons spicy chicken leg. I reckon one can be dependent on others for things and still be independent minded. I also think the notion of the independent woman has been hijacked by all quarters to mean different things. can one be spiritually independent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and that Morrisons spicy chicken leg lol!!.. must be well tasty is all I can say..
    yes it has been hijacked.. maybe we should reclaim it , rebrand it.. has left us all confused??... spiritually independent.. is that an oxymoron of sorts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so good my Italian work mate Alessio buy four at a go. oxymoron? yeah, kinda I reckon. to think in the old days people got branded as heretics and burnt at stakes for daring to be spiritually different

      Delete
  3. You and your workmate should try a £1 Sainsburys sandwich.. not bad when you're hungry!. They've got tuna, and cheese ( not together) and some other meat stuffs... ( I dare you to try a taste test)

    I guess people can be spiritually different in that they believe different things.. are on different levels of awareness etc
    But all spirit is connected.. no?.. perhaps

    ReplyDelete