Friday 12 October 2012

The day of Venus

So it’s Friday.
I won’t thank god for it as an Atheist told me it was bound to happen.
Okay, that’s my Friday attempt at a joke now that’s over what can I say.
It’s been an odd week. Studying race, racism and this colonial stuff can be very contentious... seriously... which I’m told is a good thing... still, I’m enjoying it so far.
Housework took a bit of a back seat (the bare minimum this week,) so a quick blitz is now required, prior to a restful evening.
Life events...
Over the past week, I met a few people facing up to some tough times.. Mainly financial but they’re getting on with things thankfully.. well... what else can one do?
Well..in all seriousness there are those who choose to opt out.. which is sad really.
I met a guy who just lost his job after 10yrs... decent chap, now having to deal with the reality of signing on, which can be hard on a person’s self esteem.. Perhaps even more so with men.. does seem that way from time to time anyway.
What the heck.. go with the flow my son.. aint nothing to be ashamed of.. and it’s just for a time
Anyone that judges a person based solely on their income aint worth a dime

What I find annoying sometimes if when I hear a woman say she wouldn’t date a man unless he’s earning big bucks.. It’s annoying because often these women aren’t earning a bloody penny!!!
I get the whole 'provider' stuff but still... feels a little unsavoury.

Anyway..Myself?.. Pretty busy I guess
I’ve wasted a fair bit of time whenever the opportunity has arisen to be frank, which may mean the gods are saying.. Don’t give her time.. for gods sake...she’ll only squander it.
Trying to encourage my youngest to get a job has become a full time job. My motivation and energy for that particular task is low and getting lower. My encouraging tone is becoming sharper by the day, Which means it’s time for me to stop talking before I lose control and start to use profanities that would shock the ancestors.
He’s doing well with his studies though so I guess that’s something, and I’m pleased about that.
Tantrums tiredness tiaras and tears about sums up my week.
Hoping to have a nice evening

2 comments:

  1. Atheists are funny sometimes. Many of them deny God's existance until death pays them a visit or they become scared shitless.

    ReplyDelete