Sunday 9 December 2012

Almost years end

It’s approaching the end of the year so I thought I’d touch base now, and just in case I don’t get the chance to post anything, I’d like to wish all my passing readers a happy holiday and the very best for the up-coming new year.

There have been lots of ups and downs this year, as with most years, and in hindsight it has all gone by pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to the coming new year , as I tend to feel a sense of fresh hope, new ideas, plus there’s the knowledge that spring’s not too far away and with it, new beginnings.
If I were to say one nice thing about myself today it would be that I'm proud of the way I've raised my children. I've raised them alone and as mums we can often go into overdrive, doing.. working.. talking.. without truly noticing the impact. Over the past few weeks my lot have been solid. They have shown me they are wise beyond their years, very culturally, socially, and self aware, conscious, and nice to be around. I'm learning from them, and when I've had weak days, they have been strong. They make mistakes, we all do, but yes..in this moment, I like and appreciate them.
They grew a lot this year.
I will add to that and say funnily enough, now they're grown, they physically spend much less time with me now.. Ti's off looking at universities, Nais set up her business, and I rarely have a conversation with Ij, without him mentioning his son.. so despite not really having a model (so to speak) he's worked out how to be a father even after a separation.. and enjoys being one.
So that leaves more time, and space in my life for me to be.. Dawna

I hope I've grown too. I feel I may have taken a backward step in some areas, but maybe they were just to remind me of what’s right for me, or not.

Anyway, I'll probably be off radar for a while.

I was wondering what track to accompany my pre end of year message....something that particularly resonated with me this year.
I realised I didn't want words at all, as sometimes, and increasingly more often than not, words can say absolutely nothing at all, but a sound... a sound can touch the soul. So... it’s back to Jackie. It was my featured tune this year, so salute to Jackie.. R.I.P keyboard don, and salute to you all.
Peace love and happiness

Dawna Lee

Oh.. and carry on up the jungle is hilarious Sunday viewing.. lots of.. ohaaaas.. ridiculous
Sid James to girl.. "Oysters..?? they're rubbish.. I had nine of em last night.. and only five of em worked!!"

4 comments:

  1. Well I didn't have a good year, I'm hoping for a much better year in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a better one too Reggie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I realised I didn't want words at all, as sometimes, and increasingly more often than not, words can say absolutely nothing at all, but a sound... a sound can touch the soul."

    I've had the worst year of my life Dawna - lost, adrift. The world was out of sorts with me and me with it. I did something three weeks ago which I haven't done in almost a year. I put my MP3 player in my pocket - plugged in my headphones, and walked through the city at 1am listening to everything I love. The world was fine with me and me with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The world was fine with me and me in it".. I'm glad to hear that Rory.. and really glad to hear from you. Long may it stay that way.. all the best for 2013

    ReplyDelete