Wednesday 9 January 2013

Family Picnics

My sister has decided that she wants us all to have family picnics,
play some rounders, eat some food, laugh and enjoy each others company.
Sounds nice.

Actually, it sounds really nice. been awhile since I've just lay on the grass just enjoying the sun. Perhaps as it's been awhile since we've had sun, so I look forward to that.
I'm sure a little music will nice things up even more

It's something to look forward to.. that and my yearly gardening mission.

This time I've decided to rethink. I'm tempted to turn most of it into an allotment type garden. My mums is like that, but she is a far better gardener than I am.
An area to sit, cook and enjoy, yet a producing garden also.
It's not even Spring, and I'm daydreaming about gardens.

Do you have family picnics, you know with extended family and so on?
Row free ones?

6 comments:

  1. used to when i was younger. row free? lol. yeah, bring on the sun. what sort of stuff would you grow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll go for onions, beans, potatoes. Want to grow more greens, carrots, veg in general..
    salad stuff, rhubarb, marrow/pumpkin, cho cho/christofin( which grows in the Caribbean mainly.. and my mums garden)
    get a nice herb patch going!... steady on Mr C :) Rosemary Tymne..

    See how it goes really. need to treat the soil first turn it over - get it ready

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont remember going for family picnics as such, more like we all invade my mum's back garden and cranck up the bbq. Yeah there's always a row over the last chicken drumstick...otherwise where's the fun.

    A friend of mine has set up a rounders group catch up with family and every summer he invites me, this year weather permitting I may just pop down and have a run around too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to one in years.

    ReplyDelete