Thursday 17 January 2013

Negotiating with terrorists

What are the options.. if any?

Hold out, call their bluff, all out war?

I’ve heard the phrase, 'we don’t negotiate with 'terrorists' many times, but if that really were true, perhaps the incidents of kidnapping etc..it wouldn't continue.
Truth is... any dialogue you engage in with so called 'terrorists' (and you will need to engage in some kind of dialogue) will be a form of negotiation.

Whether you are pleading for the lives of your loved ones or employees.
It’s not like a game of poker... or is it?.

I don’t play poker... and I don’t play with people’s lives either.
Still...

It’s a hell of a card to play
Check mate.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard that term many times too. of course it gets changed around frequently, like "freedom fighters", when it suits the Western powers. Look at Afghanistan, Libya etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Messy business politics. All is politics I guess

    ReplyDelete