Monday 15 July 2013

Black + Life =

George Zimmerman was found not guilty of killing Trayvon Martin

Over the weeks I have cast a glance over blogs and papers following the trial.. and it did't seem to be going as well as one would like for the family

I thought hoped it would have been a straight forward guilty verdict
But I guess I was wrong
I don't quite get Americas gun laws...but this trial wasn't about that..was it?
It was a search for the answer to the above..

It would be easy to isolate this case..( think of it as a purely American issue) but that I fear would be a mistake.


I feel for the parents of Trayvon


None of us know how we would react under pressure.. but when you fear more, and value less, the life of a black man, woman or child.. that is an issue
Yet we see it often


No comments:

Post a Comment