Saturday 8 February 2014

High Octane - Sochi 2014 Olympics

The winter Olympics have begun in Sochi, and so far I've witnessed some amazing and impressive skills. Some sports are not for the faint of heart. . high octane, and great to watch


I've really enjoyed the Luge so far


and am definitely looking forward to the bobsleigh.


Ice hockey's always fun but I haven't seen any yet

But I've seen a little of the ladies freestyle


From as far back as I can remember politics and the Olympics have gone hand in hand, and the dominant political conversation this year seems to be Russia's 'anti gay stance'
Apparently some countries boycotted the opening ceremony to make a point
I guess we select our battles.. (then camouflage them)
Politics.
People play sports, people are political


For many, these games are life long dreams realised, years of hard work and sacrifice.
Just saying
Gotta admire that #Iadmirethat

2 comments:

  1. I like the luge too but you know what's crazy? Skeleton! Where they ride face down instead of face up like on a luge. Holy moly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! .. I've got to watch that.. yikes lol

    ReplyDelete