Thursday 20 March 2014

Were you happy today?

Today , is ( or was ) the UN International Day of Happiness [click]




Speaking at the High Level Meeting on "Happiness and Well-Being: Defining a New Economic Paradigm" convened during the sixty-sixth session of the General Assembly the Secretary General Ban Ki-moon stated that the world “needs a new economic paradigm that recognizes the parity between the three pillars of sustainable development. Social, economic and environmental well-being are indivisible. Together they define gross global happiness.” The meeting was convened at an initiative of Bhutan, a country which recognized the supremacy of national happiness over national income since the early 1970s and famously adopted the goal of Gross National Happiness over Gross National Product.



So did you have a happy day?
I wonder...what makes you happy?.



Only yesterday I was told that you cannot make anyone happy, that some folk are bitter, and in fact enjoy thier misery
That can't be true can it?
Nah.. I reckon everyone wants to feel something akin to happiness. It doesnt have to be jump up and down happy, but just.. well..okay.



So.. for your reading pleasure, I have a few jokes that I hope will put a smile on your chops this evening.. even if it's just one joke, tickling just one chop.
If not.. I need to find some better jokes!

Are you ready?.. here goes..

"How many tickles does it take to make an octopus laugh?"
... "Ten tickles".

"Two aerials met on a roof. They fell in love and got married. The ceremony was rubbish - but the reception was brilliant!" heehee

"Why was the horse so happy?"
... "Because he lived in a stable environment"

"Confucius.. he say: 'man who seduces virgin on hillside... not on the level'."


**

Apparently, the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said in a statement;
“The pursuit of happiness lies at the core of human endeavors. People around the world aspire to lead happy and fulfilling lives free from fear and want.”

Nice goal right?
Well I certainly hope you enjoyed what was also .. the 1st day of Spring :)

2 comments:

  1. Did you get the jokes from a cracker? Ha!

    No I was bloody unhappy yesterday and probably will be today. I have a stinking cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!! No, The telegraph! ...Drat. I thought they were funny, esp the horse and Confucius ones heehee. but then I've got silly humour

    My ''happy' day was blighted by a bloomin' stomach ache and uneasy back ache - I wasn't miserable - but not overjoyed. Get better soon Joe!

    ReplyDelete