Sunday 25 January 2015

Mothers & daughters

I can't get through to my mum.
I thought we were making progress, but I got a call today which basically put paid to that notion.
It hurt me, what was said hurt me, but I wont shoot the messenger.
I don't know how we're going to resolve our current differences, or if we ever will now.
It makes me abit sad because after all, life is short, and we really shouldn't waste it, or the time we have together
Ultimately, it is what it is.

I think perhaps my mum is sad because she feels like she's losing me
It's like a self fulfilling prophecy
I'll stay away, go my way
It's sad because I love my mum so much , but I clearly can't be around her right now

It's said when you've done all you can.. it's time to let go, and let god
I hereby .. hand it over.

6 comments:

  1. That's very sad. But sometimes letting go is all we can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Debra. I've learned recently That while I do love my mother and wish her the best, I must love her at arms' length.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Debra. I've learned recently That while I do love my mother and wish her the best, I must love her at arms' length. She has hurt me too often, and the last time I realized would be the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're having this experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Alieux
      It's okay, it's life i guess. arms length is sometimes the best option. Ive told myself not to stress, that it is what it is. right now.

      Delete