Tuesday 3 March 2015

Music & Politics...9ice



I've been lazy with my searching for my translations..Still, I love his voice..
9ice sings predominantly in Yoruba, feel free to offer a translation if that's your language



I remember I mentioned yesterday that musicians were world leaders....
They are so, simply doing what they do, educating and healing, through music
..Giving people, hope, joy, happiness, strength, and the will to go on
..often they are thinkers.. problem solvers, humanitarians
People love them as they bring beauty to life
and what is life.. without beauty?

We want to shower them with riches, for thier contribution to life is great indeed
They are of the people,
They share thier souls inspiration
..make no promises, and rob no one
They can insight war... or peace
Musician's are world leaders through thier ability to influence
A musician , can be a party's greatest opposition

Politics... is a whole different matter
Politics is not for the faint of heart
Politics.. is not beauty
Politics .. is war

Whether the transition to Politics would be as harmonious as the music they make is unclear
Maybe Fela would have made a great President..
We will never know
I feel his influence was greatest, just as it was

9ice has in the past stated that he intended to leave music for Politics.
I'm not sure what he's doing currently

'Yes, I want to leave music for politics. Next year January, I will be 35-years-old and I’m not praying to still be in music at that age. I am serious about politics now. If you listen to my music, you would notice that politics has been part of me; it’s in my blood. When I started initially, I talked about being your brother’s keeper, and that’s why I studied Law at Lagos State University before I dropped out to concentrate on my music career. I hate when things go wrong. When two or three people are having issues, I love to get there to settle their differences. I have passion for politics and it has always been in my blood'.

He lost in the primaries [click]

9ice try.

But if it's in his blood as he says, he'll find a way
I see little beauty in Nigerian politics. But what do I know
I personally will miss his voice

No comments:

Post a Comment