Friday 21 October 2016

Duncan Mighty - ' Certificate' album feature - ft Mama Born Dem & Oburukwelem Oma

Duncan Wene Mighty Okechukwu aka Duncan Mighty was born on October 28, 1983.
The sultry voiced Nigerian Musician, Singer and Producer, who hails from Obio-Akpor in Cross River State - is also fondly referred to as Port Harcourt's first son.

I began to notice his style on the track 'Jide Ofor', after which, every so often, I would attune myself to his offerings, and so far, his most recent album 'Certificate', does not disappoint.
There are a few singers that carve a special place within me; Brymo is one, and Duncan Mighty is another.

Whilst I continue to make my way through his album. I've selected two tracks that immediately stand out for me.

What I like about Duncan Mighty is his lyrical consciousness, and whilst it takes me a while to work it out (and sometimes a little extra research!) for some reason, I'm able to connect.

I'll be sure to get a little extra help with these two tracks as id like to offer a more fitting review, although... as reviews go, I've not come across a more detailed track by track review as yet.
I remain on the look out



humble yourself



Music aside...
I came across this and my liking for him increased further

#endchildmarriage



Using his Instagram to speak out against child marriages the pic exposes an old man marrying a girl child which was apparently accompanied by the words..

“Please my people, lend your voices to End child marriages. Many child brides develop fistula as a result of early pregnancy that subsequently will either kill them or render them disabled for life,” he wrote alongside it. Adding, "This little child needs a PENCIL not a PENIS.” - Duncan Mighty

Seriously tho.. whose grandad is that.... Him no shame?

Nice one Duncan Mighty

No comments:

Post a Comment