Sunday 21 January 2018

Jordan Peterson Interview

Would you speak up about something if you knew it would make you unpopular?
I love many things.. but something I admire most in people is the ability to be themselves, even if it makes them unpopular.

To be more specific, what I love most, is people with integrity, and the courage to follow through
I was watching a channel 4 interview recently with Jordan Peterson, and not really knowing about him decided to go back and check out his youtube vids.

He's very interesting.
It's fair to say that this was a poor interview... and really didn't do us women any favours regarding the gender pay gap..( but that debate does little for me anyway) but it did alert me to him

He has many good points, although his thoughts on white privilege as being little more than majority-ism is flawed.
Apartheid and colonialism .. being the most obvious examples.

Anyway, he is interesting

On developing men, yes women ( in the main) do want a developed man... a competent and powerful man) but unfortunately I feel we could do more to aid this development.. but don't
and often men resist :)
Women raise men..
Society and culture either supports the work of developing our men in a positive way, or impedes it
I used to fret about women in Africa being treated unfairly until I recognised the dance at play, and just how the women play into, and support ( in many cases) their own disadvantage
It's interesting and entertaining, until the workable balance becomes unworkable

The development of Africa is directly linked to the ( so far) inability of many of its inhabitants to get this balance right
That, and the eradication of the colonial mindset

No comments:

Post a Comment